How can we apply data from local environment to RDS of AWS.
Moving data is a problem for AWS beginner.
So this article shows recommended way of moving DB in AWS(RDS).
How to move DB
Regarding AWS site, it is recommended to export and import.
To import data from an existing database to an RDS DB instance:
1. Export data from the source database.
2. Upload the exported data.
3. Import the uploaded data into an RDS DB instance.
Amazon RDS Import Data
It is written like using a command-line utility. It means to use
You can use several different techniques to import data into an Amazon RDS for MySQL DB instance. The best approach depends on the source of the data, the amount of data, and whether the import is done one time or is ongoing.
[Source] Existing MySQL or MariaDB database
[Technique] Copy the data directly to your Amazon RDS MySQL DB instance using a command-line utility.
Importing Data into a MySQL DB Instance - Amazon Relational Database Service
Using GUI instead of command
If you use tool, I recommend you to use MySQL Workbench.
You can execute this 2 steps.
- Connect source DB (local). Then export data.
- Connect destination DB. Then import data.
- For moving data to AWS(RDS), it is recommended to export and import.
- If you use tool, I recommend you to use MySQL Workbench.